Baby Food Made Easy and Cheap - Bite Sized Foods

Start really small.  Mine started around 8 months
  • Cheese cubes
  • Cereal - Multigrain Cheerios, Corn Bran
  • Toast cubes
  • Cooked apples - Peel and core apple, cut into 1 cm squares. Place in small pot and cover with water. Boil for 5 - 7 minutes till tender. Drain and run under cold water. Dry on paper towel and serve.
  • Other fruit - Soft. Barlett pears, banana, blueberries, oranges.
  • Graham crakers broken up. Good fibre.
  • High fat yogurt around 9months.  I found 5% or higher plain Greek yogurt and added apple sauce or other fruit puree

1 comment:

  1. My little fella is about to turn 11 months, I am still full time breastfeeding him, and even though my husband and I have a daughter as well, it's like I am starting this, "I'm a new mom thing, all over again." It sucks really. I don't remember portions, what to do, the transition is crary to say the least. We gave him his first bit of pablum last night. We will see! Thanks for your ideas.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

My photo
A Canadian Stay-at-Home mom of 3 beautiful and awsome golden cupcakes. I have been a mom since 2005. This is the best job in the world but it is sure tough sometimes, don't you think? This is my journey.