Baby Food Made Easy and Cheap - Pasta

Equipment
2 cup electric Food Processor ($15 or less)
4 ice cube trays ($2 at dollar store)
Medium - Large pot
Large Ziploc Freezer bags
Pen - I like a black Sharpie

Foods
I will tell you what I did for my kids. After 1 box of every cereal Rice, Oat, Barley but leave Wheat to last for the single grain and then if the baby is fine with those try Mixed Grains. Then I had them try every veggie there was. No fruit till they can hold it themselves due to the sugar content. Then came the pasta. When it comes to pasta it is whole wheat all the way for my family.  

Ingredients
Any Whole Wheat Noodles
Water

Instructions
  1. Fill pot with water without salt or any other spices and bring to a boil.
  2. Add pasta and boil 5 minutes past the recommended time.
  3. Drain and put in processor.
  4. Process till in pea-sized pieces.
  5. Put in ice cube tray and place in freezer.  Freeze for 12-24hrs. No longer than 48hrs.
  6. Remove from trays and put in Ziploc. Write the date on the bag. Use within 3months.
  7. Microwave as many cubes as your baby will eat.  Start with one. Stir thoroughly before serving.
  8. It sounds grosse but add breast milk, or formula, if you want to add creaminess. Or even mashed sweet potato or yams for taste but only if you have already tried it for 3 days. 
Also see Baby Food Made Easy and Cheap - Vegetables

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
A Canadian Stay-at-Home mom of 3 beautiful and awsome golden cupcakes. I have been a mom since 2005. This is the best job in the world but it is sure tough sometimes, don't you think? This is my journey.