Pressure!

Being a mom there is so much pressure to be a great mom, to have perfect kids and to not have a nervous breakdown in the process.  Now I have great kids but not one of them is perfect.  They have their meltdowns, their quirks and their mouths that are sometimes not connected to their little brains. 

I know, of course before we were moms, wink, wink, we have all seen those moms in the grocery store with some kid screaming at the top or their lungs and thought 'Can't she control her child?' but now we are those moms and sometimes its like trying to control a runaway train and you just can't stop it.  So you either have to walk away or try to deal the best you can.  I can even admit to thinking it now because of course my kids are 'perfect' and I have the magic snack bag.  For my kids food is the magic ingredient to any peaceful event but of course in twenty or so years my kids will all have eating disorders but at least I got the grocery shopping done.

So for me its having well-behaved kids and kids who succeed in school.  For you it could be something else but we all have that mom pressure.  So next time you see that mom in the grocery store give her a wink and let her know you know what she is going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
A Canadian Stay-at-Home mom of 3 beautiful and awsome golden cupcakes. I have been a mom since 2005. This is the best job in the world but it is sure tough sometimes, don't you think? This is my journey.