Working out with a 4 year old puts me to shame.

So for those who don't know, I am back on Weight Watchers trying to get rid of the Baby Wyatt weight and part of the pre-vacation body makeover.  So since I am on week 3 of WW I now am adding in exercise and started today with my WW Walking at Home DVD. 

First Madison, Jack and I did the 10-minute segment while Baby Wyatt watched contently from his exercauser.  It was fun and the kids kept up the whole time and didn't stop once.  Then we began the 10-minute solution Dance off Fat Fast DVD, which is made up of 5 10-minute workouts.  2 minutes into the first workout, Baby Wyatt started to fuss so I picked him up and continued exercising while holding him but then Madison accidently bumped into Jack and knocked him to the floor where he proceeded to cry.  Well that gave me a good enough reason to quick.  Really at this point I was getting tired, yes after 13 minutes of exercise, pathetic! 

Now Madison, my amazon girl, proceeds to not only finish that one segment but also the next 3 by herself and then Jack joined in for the last one.  She didn't stop or sit down once for the whole hour.  I videotaped the last 5 minutes while they were both doing it and replayed it for my husband when he got home and the 2 of us almost peed ourselves laughing so hard.  Of course the movements were nowhere close to perfect but she enjoyed herself.  She was tired by bedtime and we didn't hear a peep after she was put to bed and that is what counts in the end.  Of course that and the fact that she had fun.

But she sure put me to shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
A Canadian Stay-at-Home mom of 3 beautiful and awsome golden cupcakes. I have been a mom since 2005. This is the best job in the world but it is sure tough sometimes, don't you think? This is my journey.