What to wear when you Babywear

Before I had Madison I got a Snuggly front back wearer and after I had Madison I never wore it.  One it hurt my back and 2 what else did I have to do but carry her around all day.

Before I had Jack Jack I was making Maya Baby Slings to make some extra money and because I thought I would have less time to carry him around but after Jack Jack was born I found he got too heavy very quickly to be carrying on only one side of my body and my shoulder and back hurt.

Before I had Baby Wyatt I made some Moby Wraps because I was sure I wouldn't have anytime to be sitting around with him and I LOVE IT! Its soft, it doesn't hurt my back and you can wear it so many different ways depending on the baby's age and weight.  Its easy to make even if you can't sew but if you make it use a single knit or fabric with low stretch not no stretch or too much stretch.  Here are the instructions to make one:

  1. Cut a piece of fabric 5 metres long and 20 inches wide.  Make sure that the stretch is on the short sides.
  2. Finish the edges to stop unraveling and over-stretching.  You can sew or use a flexible fabric glue to glue the edges down.
  3. Sew tag in the exact middle of one long side.  That will be the top.
For instructions to use it go to the following link; Instructions for Moby Wrap .  You can also buy one for about $40-$50 including shipping.

Whichever carrier you choose start early so that they get used to it.  If you wait too long you may not be able to get the baby to like staying in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
A Canadian Stay-at-Home mom of 3 beautiful and awsome golden cupcakes. I have been a mom since 2005. This is the best job in the world but it is sure tough sometimes, don't you think? This is my journey.